Thursday, January 5, 2012

Does my processor support Hardware Virtualization?

I searched on intel site for my processor "i3-370M".
==>Under Advanced Technologies it showed:
            Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) - YES
            Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) - NO


At this moment not sure what does that "NO" mean for my plan of Oracle VM on my laptop. Let's see...

Did Google to find out if there is any other way to find out capability of my PC's processor to support virtualization and found http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/configure-bios.aspx

Tool from Microsoft "Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool" to check whether the PC has a CPU with support for hardware virtualization and if it does whether I need to change BIOS settings.



Above screenshot is the result from the tool.








No comments:

Post a Comment