Monday, June 27, 2011

Missing AS Control from new installation of IAS 10.1.3.4

I had installed IAS 10.1.3.4 .

Today I decided to visit the AS control for that installation and I couldn't.
I got "HTTP 404 Not Found".

I was wondering what went wrong and restarted all components using opmnctl command. That did not help.

Thankfully I had taken screenshot of my install which showed below message at the end of installation in summary screen:
"Application Server Control Console is not running in this instance of Oracle Application Server. You can manage this instance remotely through another instance of Oracle Application Server that is configured to run Application Server Control Console."

Then searched more in the installation screens to see if I missed anything and found below.



I had NOT CHECKED "Configure this as an Administration OC4J instance"

Now that I found out my mistake, the next step was how to configure EM AS control. I searched MOS and found a wonderful doc 418395.1

Followed the same and issue was resolved.

To resolve it follow below link and step 1 (a to g) and then just do opmnctl stopall and opmnctl startall.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B31017_01/core.1013/b28940/em_app.htm#CEGEJCGA

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for the solution.... I was searching for this solution. Now page is opening..:)

    ReplyDelete